Tuesday 26 April 2011

I bought the crunch time cookbook today...

I think i am as nervous about the cooking as i am about the exercise. What it i never like lasagne again? What if cheesecake makes me feel sick because it is too rich...what do healthy people eat for a special meal out? I know these are stupid thoughts, but i genuinely wonder...

Anyway, in my first week of pre season, i have picked the following to try:

Cottage cheese and tomato on toast, this i am most nervous about, as cottage cheese looks gross.

Smoked salmon and avo wrap

Chick pea baby beet and fetta salad

Thai green curry, no rice...will be a bit weird, more like a green curry soup?

Meatloaf, i really hope oliver likes this one.

I am pleased with the snacks, a wholemeal crumpet with whole fruit jam, yum. But what is whole fruit jam...

I am going to do this shopping at the veg shop and the butcher. If i am going to make so much effort with food and exercise i may as well buy it from its source and in season etc. Ill update on the recipes later, ill cook them on the weekend.

Bye.

2 comments:

  1. Best advice is to try all the recipes at least once....you may be surprised :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crunchtime cookbook is amazing!! You will be surprised at how delicious the recipes are! I lost over 7 kilos using that book in just 10 weeks.
    The curry is really yum and so is the cottage cheese and tomato on toast.
    The chickpea baby beet and fetta salad is my all time favourite and that's the one I make when I'm invited to a bbq.. that way I know there will be something healthy I can eat and others always like it too.

    Good luck and see you on the forums! I signed up yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete